Jamie Oliviero is a storyteller and arts-in-education specialist. For over 35 years Jamie has worked in schools finding creative ways to animate curriculum outcomes. He has been performing professionally as a storyteller for 25 years. Most recently he has performed and given workshops in Kenya, Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, Chile, and Canada. Coming from a multicultural background himself, (his father’s family was Italian, his mother’s Eastern European Jews), Jamie tells stories that celebrate cultural diversity. He also chooses stories that promote environmental responsibility, social consciousness, and human rights.
- March 20: Tuesday Afternoon Storytelling Group at Baycrest Health Sciences (3:00 PM – 4:00 PM)
- March 21: Storytellers Camp Afternoon Workshop at CSI Annex
- March 22: Stories Without Borders – Stories for Social Justice at the Annette Street Library (1:30 PM – 2:30 PM)
- March 23: Storytellers Camp Afternoon Workshop at CSI Annex
- March 23: 1001 Friday Nights at the Festival at Artscape Wychwood Barns (7:30 PM – 10:30 PM)
- March 24: How the Drum Came to People and other creation stories from around the world at Artscape Wychwood Barns (3:00 PM – 3:45 PM)
- March 25: Stories of Wise and Foolish People at Toronto Reference Library (3:00 PM – 3:45 PM)